This is the blog version of my PDF ‘The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG)’.
Download the PDF Version Here
The Tribulation (First Half)
The tribulation is initiated by a covenant (a peace treaty) between Israel and the world leader (the antichrist) allowing them to rebuild their temple on the mount around or on the spot where the Dome of the Rock currently stands. This half of the tribulation is a time of false peace among men where things will seem to be improving for a short time, while also being subject to the wrath of God.
● A leader creating a covenant or making an existing covenant with Israel greater than before. The covenant is set to last 7 years.
Rebuilding the 3rd Temple
Around the time the covenant with Israel is established the third temple in Jerusalem will begin construction by the Jews.
● The third temple being constructed on the mount next to – or in place of the Dome of the Rock. It can be found at:
31°46’40.9″ N, 35°14’7.3″ E
The Two Witnesses
The two witnesses sent from God will begin to preach for 3.5 years (42 months) in the first half of the tribulation (after the covenant is established). (Revelation 11:1-6) They will be wearing ‘sackcloth’ and have power from God to prevent rain from falling, the ability to turn waters to blood and power to strike the earth with plagues whenever they want. Anyone who tries to harm them will be killed by fire proceeding from their mouth.
● Two people spreading the word of God from the enforcement of the peace covenant to the abomination of desolation. (3.5 years total)
The seals below are the start of the judgement of God on the earth, these judgements can only take place once the church is removed from the earth – hence the pre-tribulation rapture. Jesus is the one opening the seals and releasing these judgements on the earth. See Revelation 5 for more information on the events leading up to the opening of the seals or Revelation 6 for the seals themselves.
First a summary of the seals, trumpets and bowls to see what happens at a glance. The seals and trumpets occur in the first half of the tribulation. This section doesn’t include non-seal events such as the sealing of the 144,000. For those, view the diagram at the start or read the full list of events below.
● 1st Seal – The White Horse – The revealing of the antichrist who goes forth to conquer the nations.
● 2nd Seal – The Red Horse – The taking of peace from the world, there will be great wars.
● 3rd Seal – The Black Horse – Releases famine and hyperinflation on the world.
● 4th Seal – The Pale (Green) Horse – There will be disease, pestilence and plagues released upon the world.
● 5th Seal – The martyrs of Jesus are given white robes.
● 6th Seal – A powerful earthquake, black sun, blood red moon, stars fall to earth, the sky recedes, every island and mountain moves.
● 7th Seal – Silence in heaven, noises, thunderings, lightnings, an earthquake.
The trumpets occur in the first half of the tribulation:
● 1st Trumpet – Hail and fire mingled with blood falls to earth burning 1/3 of all trees and all the green grass.
● 2nd Trumpet – A fiery mountain falls into the sea, 1/3 of the sea becomes blood, 1/3 of sea creatures die, 1/3 of all ships are destroyed.
● 3rd Trumpet – A burning meteor falls from space contaminating 1/3 of the rivers and springs. Many people die from poisoned water.
● 4th Trumpet – 1/3 of the sun becomes dark, 1/3 of the moon becomes dark, 1/3 of the stars becomes dark. 1/3 of the day and night don’t occur.
● 5th Trumpet – People can’t die, the air is filled with smoke, the sun is blocked by smoke, demons torment those without God’s seal.
● 6th Trumpet – An army of 200 million who have armour coloured red, blue and yellow, Demons and the army cause 1/3 of mankind to be killed.
● 7th Trumpet – The temple of God is opened in heaven, noises, thunderings, lightning, an earthquake, a great hail.
The bowls occur in the second half of the tribulation, likely closer to the end:
● 1st Bowl – Sores and pain for those who have the mark of the beast or worship his image.
● 2nd Bowl – The entire sea turns to blood, all sea creatures die, all fishing stopped.
● 3rd Bowl – All rivers and springs become blood.
● 4th Bowl – The sun scorches men with great heat, blasphemy against God.
● 5th Bowl – Puts the kingdom of the beast into darkness and gives them intense pain.
● 6th Bowl – The Euphrates dries up allowing armies to travel to Armageddon. Demons gather nations together at Armageddon to battle God.
● 7th Bowl – Noises, thunderings and lightnings and the biggest earthquake in history. Every mountain falls, islands move out of place, huge hail.
The seals – unlike some of the trumpets and bowls will likely continue through the entirety of the tribulation, so for seal 2 wars will be continually fought through the tribulation and in seal 3, famine and hyperinflation will be ongoing for the rest of the tribulation as per the layout in the Revelation Timeline diagram. Contrary to what unbelievers may like to think – a world without Christians (and the restrainer) will be the most catastrophic time in the history of the planet even if none of God’s judgements were poured out.
I recommend familiarising yourself with the plagues of Egypt as there’s a very strong link between them and these judgements. They can be found in list format in the Christianity section or in the Bible starting at Exodus 7:14-25.
If this post has made an impact on your life and you want to take the next step, head to:
◄ Previous – Part 12 – Post-Rapture | Next – Part 14 – 1st Seal ►
Part 1 – Introduction
Part 7 – Left Behind?
Part 10 – Post Rapture Steps
Part 13 – The Tribulation (First Half)
Part 30 – Mid Tribulation
Part 38 – Armageddon
For a full list of the parts, see the bottom of Part 1.