This is the blog version of my PDF ‘The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG)’.
Download the PDF Version Here
The Third Trumpet (Wormwood Meteor)
The third trumpet releases “Wormwood” – a large meteor which will fall on the rivers and springs of earth making them poisonous.
● A burning meteor falling from space, landing on the rivers and springs
● Many people dying from poisoned water
“Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.”
Like the second trumpet this seems to be another meteor falling from space. It’s hard to understand how the meteor can only land on rivers and especially springs – because springs come from underground and the meteor would have to break up into smaller pieces long before impact to contaminate 1/3 of the worlds rivers. However demons are often called ‘stars’ throughout the bible and this demon’s name could be ‘Wormwood’, especially since the first use of it is capitalised. The second use of wormwood refers to the ‘bitterness’ or poisoning of the waters seen throughout scripture and thus isn’t capitalised. Wormwood the demon could be the one who poisons the rivers and streams.
Unlike the previous trumpet there doesn’t seem to be any visual changes to the water which explains why so many people die from this judgement.
○ Fell/Fall From Heaven
● Job 1:16 ““The fire of God fell from heaven and burned up the sheep and the servants, and consumed them;”
● Daniel 4:31 “While the word was still in the king’s mouth, a voice fell from heaven:”
● Matthew 24:29 “the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.”
● Revelation 9:1 “And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.”
● Revelation 12:4 “His [satan’s] tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.”
● Deuteronomy 29:18 “and that there may not be among you a root bearing bitterness or wormwood;”
● Proverbs 5:4 “But in the end she is bitter as wormwood, Sharp as a two-edged sword.”
● Jeremiah 9:15 ““Behold, I will feed them, this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink.”
● Amos 5:7 “You who turn justice to wormwood, And lay righteousness to rest in the earth!””
If this post has made an impact on your life and you want to take the next step, head to:
Part 1 – Introduction
Part 7 – Left Behind?
Part 10 – Post Rapture Steps
Part 13 – The Tribulation (First Half)
Part 30 – Mid Tribulation
Part 38 – Armageddon
For a full list of the parts, see the bottom of Part 1.