This is the blog version of my PDF ‘The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG)’.
Download the PDF Version Here
The Third Seal (Famine)
The Black Horse
The third seal releases famine upon the earth so that food is scarce. In todays society it speaks of hyperinflation where the value of money goes down exponentially, having less and less purchasing power each day. This seal again, stacks with the first two because if there’s endless wars, countries will be spending huge budgets on fighting and will have to print more and more money to finance the war.
“When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.””
A quart of wheat is the minimum amount that someone requires to survive each day and the price reflects that it costs 8-10x more than normal. So a $4 USD loaf of bread today would cost around $32 USD. This verse may not reflect actual prices, but it could just mean that someone will work all day and come home with only enough to feed themself for a day. If you’re reading this ahead of time, it may be wise to stock up on some canned, freeze-dried and other long life foods. You should also remember that God knows exactly what you require to stay alive as per Matthew 6:25-34, Proverbs 10:3 and many other verses so you shouldn’t go overboard.
There are likely to be natural disasters which destroy huge areas of crops and livestock across the globe with the possibility of secondary consequences such as locust swarms which rise from flooded areas.
○ Famine & Pestilence
● Ezekiel 5:12 “One-third of you shall die of the pestilence, and be consumed with famine in your midst;”
● Matthew 24:7/Mark 13:8/Luke 21:11 “And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.”
● Genesis 12:10 “Now there was a famine in the land, and Abram went down to Egypt to dwell there, for the famine was severe in the land.”
● Exodus 9:3 “behold, the hand of the Lord will be on your cattle in the field, on the horses, on the donkeys, on the camels, on the oxen, and on the sheep—a very severe pestilence.”
● Genesis 41:31 “So the plenty will not be known in the land because of the famine following, for it will be very severe.”
● Job 5:20 “In famine He shall redeem you from death, And in war from the power of the sword.”
● Revelation 18:8 “Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine.”
If this post has made an impact on your life and you want to take the next step, head to:
◄ Previous – Part 15 – 2nd Seal | Next – Part 17 – 4th Seal ►
Part 1 – Introduction
Part 7 – Left Behind?
Part 10 – Post Rapture Steps
Part 13 – The Tribulation (First Half)
Part 30 – Mid Tribulation
Part 38 – Armageddon
For a full list of the parts, see the bottom of Part 1.