This is the blog version of my PDF ‘The Rapture Survival Guide (TRSG)’.
Download the PDF Version Here
The Sixth Seal (Powerful Earthquake)
The sixth seal comes with a great earthquake, the sun will go black, the moon will turn to blood, the stars of heaven fall to earth which could be meteors or representative of demons. The sky will recede as a scroll then every mountain and island will move out of its place by a massive earthquake. This is likely to be the most devastating sequence of natural disasters in human history so far and will be an absolute sign that the bible is true and you must repent. Spread the word of God to everyone and everyone because the worst is yet to come.
● A great earthquake
● Black sun
● Blood red moon
● Stars fall to earth
● The sky recedes
● Every island and mountain moves from their place
“I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.” And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.”
A Great Earthquake
There’s a lot to deconstruct in this seal. Firstly a great earthquake is fairly straightforward, it’s an quake that has a higher magnitude than what the world is typically used to which could be anything from magnitude 9 to 11. Earthquakes always have an epicentre which could be almost anywhere on earth, but will most likely occur on a plate boundary. Large earthquakes such as the one mentioned here is most likely to occur on subduction zones. For any large earthquake there are bound to be aftershocks of reducing sizes occurring across plate boundaries, which are likely to continue to wrap around the globe as their energy is expended.
A Black Sun
Secondly ‘the sun becomes as black as sackcloth of hair’ could mean the sun turns black in the same way you turn down the brightness of an item in image editing programs, rendering it black. True black implies that there’s no light being reflected off it, but being the sun, it gives off light which brings us to our first contradiction which couldn’t be accurate.
It could also mean that only the rays from the sun that are directed toward the earth can’t be seen, rendering the sun black. This could be achieved by a massive object such as a rogue planet passing between the sun and the earth. From earth this would make the sun look black as you would be able to see the sun’s corona with a large black circle in the middle. A planet-wide black sun has never occurred that we know of and would certainly be a shock to all those on the planet, particularly if it comes as a surprise. Generally it’s the moon which passes between the sun and the earth giving us a total eclipse for a tiny slice of earth.
The Blood Moon
When the earth is somewhere between the sun and the moon, the moon can glow red due to scattering the light of all other colours by earth’s atmosphere. That’s the simple part, however we have to remember that the sun will be ‘black’ at the same time. This is where the ‘rogue planet’ comes in again. If a rogue planet is lined up perfectly between the sun and the earth and the earth is casting a shadow on the moon, the sun can be black and the moon would appear twice as red as a normal blood moon due to the extra filtering of colours from the rogue planet in addition to the earth.
The Stars Fall to Earth
The stars falling to earth is a little harder to explain. Throughout the bible stars are referred to as angels such as when satan draws a third of the stars of heaven (Revelation 12:4). This passage might be referring to demons falling from heaven to earth. We know it couldn’t mean literal stars falling to earth because they’re balls of flaming gas about the size of our sun which would eliminate all life on earth if even one collided with us. However it could also refer to meteors falling from space into earth’s atmosphere, showing up a bright glowing streaks.
The Sky Recedes
This is probably the hardest to explain. Firstly for the sky to be rolled up like a scroll you need a higher dimension, a fourth dimension. We haven proven there’s at least one higher dimension out there and that’s all we need for this theory to work. God Himself could roll up our universe, making it smaller. What this looks like in person, I have absolutely no idea, except perhaps the most distant galaxies and stars disappearing as if they ‘fall to earth’.
Islands and Mountains Move
Every island and mountain will move from their place. This is another tricky one because it doesn’t say explicitly that it’s caused by the earthquake which also happens in this seal. Something has to shake the entire earth which could either be the earthquake or the sky receding. If it’s the earthquake, the magnitude would have to be in the range of 11-12 to be felt ‘strongly’ all over the planet. Keep in mind that 1 extra unit on the richter scale equals 10x the amount of shaking and 33x the amount of energy released.
● Joel 2:31/Acts 2:20 “The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.”
● Matthew 24:29/Mark 13:24 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.”
● 7th Seal (Revelation 8:5) “And there were noises, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake.”
● 7th Trumpet (Revelation 11:19) “And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.”
● 7th Bowl (Revelation 16:18) “and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth.”
● Zechariah 14:4 “And the Mount of Olives shall be split in two, From east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north And half of it toward the south.”
○ Black Sun
● Amos 8:9 “That I will make the sun go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in broad daylight;”
● Luke 23:45 “Then the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two.”
● Revelation 9:2 “So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.”
● Joel 2:31 “And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.”
● Acts 2:20 “And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.”
○ Stars Fall
● Revelation 8:10 “And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch”
● Revelation 9:1 “And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.”
● Revelation 12:4 “His [satan’s] tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth.”
● 2 Peter 3:10 “in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.”
● 2 Peter 3:12 “…because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?”
○ Islands and Mountains
● Revelation 16:20 “Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.”
If you understand the way the Bible is set out with its heptadic structure there could be a potential time gap here between the 6th and the 7th seals.
If this post has made an impact on your life and you want to take the next step, head to:
Part 1 – Introduction
Part 7 – Left Behind?
Part 10 – Post Rapture Steps
Part 13 – The Tribulation (First Half)
Part 30 – Mid Tribulation
Part 38 – Armageddon
For a full list of the parts, see the bottom of Part 1.